Analysis of Hematite Iron Ore
Iron ore is an ore that contains a significant percentage of the Fe element to extract it. From mineralogy, iron ore can be classified into five groups below.
Inventory and iron ore price: (inventory list and updated price)
|Iron ore||% Fe||Inventory||Product analysis and price|
|Hematite||58-60||Hematite+Magnetite=1.025 million tones||Pleas contact us.|
|Magnetite||48-62||Hematite+Magnetite=1.025 million tones||Pleas contact us.|
What is iron ore?
Iron ore is an ore that contains a significant percentage of the Fe element to extract it. From mineralogy, ore can be classified into five groups below:
- Hematite (Fe2O3) in red. It contains more than 69.9% iron. In fact, the purity of this iron ore is 69.9 percent.
- Magnetite (Fe3O4) has a black color. And its purity is above 72.4%.
- Limonite (Fe2O3.3H2O) is a brown color and is about 58.9%.
- Sydrite (FeCO3) is also another iron compound with a bright brown color. Of course, the purity of this compound is lower than the purity of the three above compounds and about 48.2% iron.
- Zeolite iron ore
Of these five minerals, two types of hematite and magnetite are the most important types of iron ores. More than 95% of iron ore extracted from mines is used to produce steel. After extraction of iron ore from the mine, iron ore can not directly be used in steel units because of its low purity and the presence of impurities in it. For this reason, it is undergoing processing. In fact, the extracted rock from an ore mine often has a different purity, which is most often below 50%. Of course, it is used in physical and chemical processes up to a purity of 88 to 92 percent and then used in iron and steel ingot mills.
Iron ore is also classified in terms of appearance. Based on the appearance, we have the following categories for ores:
- Granulated ore (iron ore fines and lumps)
- Iron ore concentrate
- Iron ore pellets
Granulated iron ore (fines and lumps)
Only suitable for use in long ovens. The reason for this is its low purity and high percentage of impurities in it. It itself has two groups. Iron ore fines with dimensions from 0 to 10 mm. And iron ore lumps, which is 10 to 30 mm in size. The grade of granular iron ore is often between 54% and 63%. Granulated ore is placed in a variety of different ways, including the magnetic method, after dimensional separation.
Iron ore concentrate
Iron concentrate is obtained from iron processing. The processes and equipment used to process the iron concentrate are slightly more complex than granulated iron processing. This process involves crushing, milling, increasing purity, and finally digestion and drying. Iron concentrate is not usable in a long oven, nor is it a direct recovery process. The reason is the fineness of its seeds. Therefore, before use, it is necessary to turn into a pellet. The iron content in iron concentrate is about 65-69%.
Iron ore pellets
Iron concentrate with the addition of materials such as bentonite in pelletizing unit is converted to a pellet with porosity of 25-30% and a size of 9 to 16 millimeters. Powdered cast iron powder is a concentration of 65 to 69 percent. More than 80% of the produced iron pellets in the world are used in high furnaces and less than the percentage of them in the direct reduction method.
Of course, the point is that most of the iron is used in a high-rise furnace – a converter, which is a traditional method of producing iron and steel. It can be said that more than 90% is used in this way. And only 10% of that part of the extracted minerals is used in other methods, especially direct reduction.
Category processed iron ore
- Granulated iron ore Processing: The process of producing granulated ore from different stages of crushing and screening, as well as a magnetic separator, is designed to increase the purity of iron ore. These processes are completely dry without using water. The resulting product is a grained ore of 10 to 30 mm, called iron ore lumps, as well as iron ore fines of less than 10 mm.
- Processing iron ore concentrate: Unfortunately, as we know, iron purity is low in ore deposits. Therefore, it is necessary to use for the elaboration of the stone, the more elaborate and more complicated steps that are based on the physical and chemical properties of the compounds in the stone, and to produce iron concentrate. (You can read about the production and processing of iron concentrate in the Iron Concentrate section.)
As you can see, the first step after extraction of iron ore is to produce iron concentrate. Therefore, iron ore is a charged material and in fact the raw material of the concentrate production units.
News of the day of sale and export of hematite ore